May 5, 2016
Four members of the Frassati Falcons Track & Field team advanced from the TAPPS 2A Regional Track Meet on Saturday, April 30 in Hallettsville, TX, and will compete at the TAPPS 2A State Championships at Baylor University May 6-7.
Alex de la Maza '18 won his heats in the 3200-meters and 1600-meters; Cameron Gill '18 finished in second place in the 800-meters; Nathan Hardham '19 finished second in the 3200-meters; and Gianna Airola '19 finished fifth in the 3200-meters.
The Falcons had several other strong individual performances:
- Matthew Meyer '17 - seventh place in the shot put and in eighth place in the Discus
- Margarita Caceres '17 - seventh place in the Discus
- Mia Romero '19 - sixth place in the 1600-meters and seventh place in the 400-meters
- Leah Beene '19 – eighth place in the Discus
- Sara Mora Benitez '19 - eighth place in the 300-meter hurdles
- AJ Muonagolu '19 – eighth place in the 110-meter hurdles
“All of our athletes are to be commended on their dedication and work ethic over the course of the season, said Coach Ralph Maddalena. “At Saturday’s meet, everyone performed at their highest level and exhibited the competitive and sportsman-like qualities expected of our student athletes here at Frassati Catholic High School.”
About Frassati Catholic High School: Founded in 2013, Frassati Catholic High School serves the families and parishes in the north Houston area of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. Administered by the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia Congregation from Nashville, TN, Frassati Catholic High School prepares students to walk on the path of true happiness through a robust college-preparatory curriculum rooted in the Catholic faith. The school currently serves freshman through junior students, and will be a full 9th-12th grade campus in 2016-17. For more information about Frassati Catholic High School, contact Kyle Smith, director of communications, at 832-616-3227.