In 2007, the North Houston Catholic High School (NHCHS) committee was revitalized with the mission to build a Catholic co-educational college preparatory school in north Houston.
Based on a favorable feasibility report in 2008, the Committee prepared a plan for the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston Catholic School Board. In October 2008, Daniel Cardinal DiNardo formally approved of the plan.
In December 2009, the Committee purchased a 63-acre site on Spring Stuebner Road.
In October 2010, the Dominican Sisters of the Saint Cecilia Congregation accepted the invitation of the Cardinal to be administrators of the school and on August 10, 2011, the Congregation sent three sisters to Houston.
On July 6, 2011, Daniel Cardinal DiNardo announced that the name of NHCHS is Frassati Catholic High School, named after Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati.
On October 1, 2011, the Cardinal officiated at the land blessing of Frassati Catholic High School.
On August 25, 2012, Bishop George A. Sheltz officiated at the Groundbreaking Ceremonies.
On August 22, 2013, Frassati Catholic High School opened its doors to the founding freshmen.
In May 2015, Frassati Catholic High School received accredited status from the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED).
In March 2016, the Student Life Building was completed.
Frassati Catholic High School is a co-educational high school with a college preparatory curriculum rooted in the Catholic faith.
In August 2016, the school became a full 9th-12th grade campus.
The A Foundation for the Future Capital Campaign raised $9 million during Phase 1A and more than $7 million of the Phase 1B goal by the end of the 2015-16 fiscal year. The Campaign continues.
In May 2017, the founding class of Frassati Catholic will be the first to graduate.
Frassati Catholic's student population is expected to grow to 400 students within its first six years.
The next constructoin project will be the second academic building.
The full master plan for a campus of 800-1000 students will be completed in 20-25 years, at an estimated cost of $75 million.